Saturday, March 7, 2015

Ye Ole Results for BATTLE OF THE BANDS






It’s time to post ‘Ye Ole Results for my recent BATTLE OF THE BANDS.

Well, cue in the mirror ball. Seems you folks are more ‘Disco Fans’ than you have previously cared to admit. Maybe it’s just that Miss Whitney is so ‘durn cute’ as LC said in his comment. Whatever the case, she owns this song and ran away with the voting. Prior to my vote it was quite literally two to one.

I’ve got to admit the Whitney Houston version ‘has a good beat, and you certainly dance to it’, but all that upbeat disco sound just doesn’t seem to fit the lyrics. On the other hand Mr. Smith, took it to a whole new level of ‘soulful’. Someone even said ‘too soulful’ for their taste. I didn’t’ even know there was such a thing – ‘too soulful’, is that like being ‘painfully beautiful’. {As a side note – a guy once told me that I was ‘painfully beautiful’. Huh? Wadaya think? Is that a compliment?} Anyway…I have never been a Disco fan. Sure it makes your feet tap and some of you were even waving your hands in the air, but for me I’ll take the soulful. Give my vote to Sam Smith.

The final tally stands at:

                Whitney Houston         12 votes
                Sam Smith                   7 votes (including mine)

Just so you know, and for those of you who are not familiar with Mr. Smith, here’s one of his recent hits “Stay With Me’. I admit I like it a whole lot better than “How Will I Know’. Yeah, give me more of that ‘blue-eyed soul’.


Until next time…I’ll be back on Sunday, April 15th with another exciting BATTLE OF THE BANDS. In the meantime watch for my ‘New Leaf’ posts, showing up sometime between BOTB and RESULTS posts.



Happy Trails To You, until we meet again!

20 comments:

  1. My pick one, yippee lol I like Sam's stay with me more than the last one. Would have voted for him if it was that one I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you're a winner or oner. Ha! Yeah, met too.

      Delete
  2. I heard this song some time back and really liked it. So I was hoping his version of the Whitney tune would be similar...

    So you're saying you won't be here for 3/15 or 4/01 battles...okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dixie, thanks for pointing that out. I WILL BE BACK ON MARCH 15TH. I'm not planning on taking any time off in the near future. That was just a sign of my working a little too much lately.

      Delete
  3. See you on March 15th?

    If you don't post your own BOTB installment, can you at least post mine for me?

    I was on the losing end of THIS Battle, but at least I kept my dignity and didn't vote 4 Disco.

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The song came out in 1985...can you accurately call it disco at that point?

      Delete
    2. Disco is like evil: It never goes away for good.

      ~ D-FensDogg

      Delete
    3. Well, ya know. If it quacks like a duck...

      Delete
  4. Yeah, I'll be here on March 15th. That 'blooper' in my post was just me having a 'dumb blonde' moment.

    Yep, me too! On that disco thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted and believe in Sam Smith. Long after the disco fades and the light bulbs die out, his voice and sincerity will remain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam Smith's Stay With Me is great. Then again, I've always liked Tom Petty.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkcZV97O3pw

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not ashamed to admit that I do enjoy a lot of disco music. I don't listen to it all the time or anything, but I do own a few albums that probably fall into the disco category. The beat is fun and some of the artists were not that bad.

    New leaf posts? Are they legalizing marijuana where you live?

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you!

      I started a few weeks back trying to 'turn over a new leaf' and post more stuff than BOTB and their subsequent results. As far as the other goes; I could only wish. In truth Nevada is working on it and why not, just about everything else is legal here.

      Delete
  8. I voted Whitney and remain unashamed. Good battle, FAE.

    ReplyDelete