Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November 8 - Day 10

Good Morning to you all. Last night I was checking in on this blog and I noticed a few new 'followers". To them and to all of you I want to say welcome and Thank You. 


I'm having one of those days when I'm feeling very unloved, undeserved, untalented, or in other words totally insecure. Not sure why. Maybe it's all of the sad songs on my playlist. Maybe it's because I'm at a turning point in my Nano project where I'm about to pull the rug out from under my MC. Whatever the reason, today, I need all the love and adoration that I can get. Like I don't always. I don't want to whine and moan here anymore than necessary. Please leave hugs and I'll get through. 


One of the blogs that I follow, of another writer who is also participating in Nano, is doing a Quote Of the Day. I've been picking quotes out of my story and posting them there. I'll give you the four I've posted so far,and you can let me know what you think. Of course,I have intentionally picked quotes that are a little shocking and misleading (not ready to give too much away).


QOD 11/3  Folks say Cat Baker, Sandra's grand-daddy, all but stole the place, and he got the bad luck for free.


QOD 11/4 But the place where her face should be is a mass of blood, bone, and guts.


QOD 11/7 As an afterthought I take Daniel's sweatshirt off and toss it back to him. "She'll smell you on this. Better if I leave it."


QOD 11/8 I think he meant it to make me look like his whore.


That's it so far. I know there have been more days than this, but those are the days the blog called for QOD's. They are all from the writing of that particular day,so they come in chronological order. That was kind of fun. Let me know what you think.I'll keep picking them out of my current days writing and post them here on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If I get some comments, that is.


So far the Nano project is coming along nicely. I'm currently at 24,024 words in only 8 days. I hope I can keep up the pace. I really want to finish this novel in the month of November. We'll see what happens.


I also learned how to post YouTube songs on the blog. So, here is one of my favorites from one of my favorite artists. It is on my playlist for this novel BIG TIME.


See you back here on Thursday, at my favorite spot where the commas don't live.


Sit back and Enjoy some Ray!



7 comments:

  1. How about a joke to lift your spirits?

    One Monday morning, a man named Richard called a law office and said, "Excuse me, I would like to speak with Mr. Smythe. He's my lawyer."

    The receptionist replied, "I’m sorry, sir; however, Mr. Smythe died last week."

    The next day Richard called again and asked the same question. The receptionist replied, "Sir, as I told you yesterday, I am very sorry, but Mr. Smythe died last week."

    Wednesday morning, Richard called for the third time. He asked to speak with his lawyer. By this time the receptionist had become quite annoyed. She snapped. "Sir," she yelled, "I keep telling you, your lawyer died last week. Why do you keep calling?!!"

    Richard laughed. "Because I just love hearing it!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks DL, it helped. I think I know that lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great quotes!
    My favorite -
    Folks say Cat Baker, Sandra's grand-daddy, all but stole the place, and he got the bad luck for free.

    You are really doing well with NaNoWriMo! Congratulations! I'm procrastinating at the moment ;)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quotes. Don't be insecure. You are doing a great job on your blog, too. I can't believe you are halfway through your novel. You are really cooking along.

    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brianna ~ Draven: Thanks I needed that. Just the demons rearing their heads. This morning I feel better and now our power is out. Not supposed to happen here, we have big generators. This should prove to be an interesting day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower- but I love passing on smile and hugs, so here ya go sweetie! ((((((hugs)))))) Things will look up sooner than you may know it, chin up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A thousand Thank You's Michelle. You can't imagine how much that helped.

    ReplyDelete