Thursday, August 21, 2014

CRAZY RESULTS









Time for the results to my last ‘Crazy’ BATTLE OF THE BANDS.

Poor Neil Young didn’t fare too well. One of you hated his version. One of you thought he should be arrested by the music police for this song. One of you even said you had never heard of him. YIKES!

Two of you were rebellious enough to vote for Patsy Cline even though she was not really a contestant and poor Willie didn’t garner a single vote. (Don’t worry Willie, it’s simply because your fans are not the ‘outlaw’ type and they would never think of breaking the rules. Ha!)

I’m gonna cast my vote for Neil Young. Let me explain – I don’t particularly like Leann Rimes. Probably what I don’t like most about her version of ‘Crazy’ is the fact that she does a pretty good imitation of Patsy. What did I hear in the comments during this BOTB? ‘Imitation if the sincerest form of plagiarism.’ I couldn’t agree more, and I don’t like plagiarism. Heck, I don't even like imitation.

Maybe I set poor little Leann up by pitting her against Neil in this BATTLE, I don’t know for sure. I really wanted to have a male and a female, but all along it kind of irked me that she worked so hard to copy Patsy. Anyway, that’s just me.

When it comes to Neil, well he never really is melodious, is he? But he does have a certain style and it came through here. I really like Bish Denham’s comment about Neil.

She said; ‘I’m going with Neil because Leann sounds too much like Patsy. I like that Neil isn’t afraid. Even as an old man, to do different things. I saw him on TV when he went into the recording box. Takes some guts/humility to do something like that live. Just him his guitar and his creeky old voice. Love it!”

In the end the voting looked like this:

        Leann Rimes               10 votes
        Neil Young                    4 votes including mine
        Patsy Cline                   2 votes
        Willie Nelson                 0 votes

Just so you know, had Willie actually been in the running he would have had my vote, hands down. Also, I do agree that Patsy owns this song.

Come back on the 1st of September, when I have one more bit of ‘Craziness’ for you. Be sure to check out the other participants to see how their BATTLES turned out.


16 comments:

  1. Ah... well, these votes always turn out "Crazy," don't they????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, WAIT A MINUTE!!!

    The ONLY reason I didn't vote for Willie Nelson is because he wasn't "officially" in the contest. But I DID SAY that if he were in the contest, he would get my vote, even OVER Patsy Cline's version.

    Even "Outlaws" like me don't break EVERY rule. I was playing by your rules, but next time I'm going to vote for Willie Nelson, no matter how the BOTB is set up... even if the song is 'You Don't Bring Me Flowers' or 'My Guy', I'm voting for Willie Nelson!

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Outlaw'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm voting for Willie even if the song is "In A Gadda Da Vida"

      Delete
    2. I would definitely pay to see Willie sing any of those songs.

      STMc - I gave you the option to change your vote and you said you wanted to stay within the rules (which are really more like guidelines anyway - certainly you know that).

      I tell you what, either of you guys come up with Willie singing any one of those songs and I'll feature it in a BOTB.

      Delete
  3. Did I vote for Young? I don't even remember now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Senility setting in already, or are you in overload? Ha,ha,ha.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Never heard of Neil Young?

    I almost wouldn't think that possible...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you can go back and check,but someone said they had never heard of him.

      Just so you know it was Arlee who wanted to send the music police after him. Sheesh!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I saw that remark also and did a double-take. In fact, I went back and read that sentence three times.

      I was axing myself: "Do you suppose that what she really means to say is that she never heard Neil Young singing 'Crazy' before?"

      But no matter how I sliced it, I came back to thinking that she meant what she'd said... that she didn't think she'd ever heard of Neil Young before.

      I thought about asking if she had ever heard of Crosby, Stills, and Nash, but I just let it go.

      ~ D-FensDogg
      'Loyal American Underground'

      Delete
    3. Go figure. I can't remember who it was that said they didn't know who Neil Young was, maybe they are only 13 years old or something. Go figure.

      Delete
  5. haha that is sure some cray votes indeed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's the theme this month, so whaddaya expect.

      Delete
  6. Well Neil Young is still one of my favorite artists. I just think he massacred the song. I might have voted for Willie, but I'm a law biden citizen and that's no jo--I mean joke.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if Neil will forgive you after you sent the music police on him. Ha! Maybe if you take that law biden citizen approach with him, he'll consider it.

      Delete
  7. Sorry, not been around the blogs much for August. I think LeAnne is an excellent stand in for Patsy. I'm a Leanne fan; she does almost any song better than the original artists. I did like Willie, but would have voted for LeAnne in this match.

    ReplyDelete