Saturday, December 31,2011, and I can't help myself. It's the last day of another year. Here's my to do (or to not do) list for 2012.
1. Be more careful about there, their and they're. I really do know the difference, but it's like my fingers don't. I type away and my word of choice is 'their' in almost every instance. Thank all you lovely people, who I'm driving nuts, for not saying a word.
2. Let the 'hairdresser' know best. At my last haircut a week ago, I said let's do this. She looked at me funny but didn't say a word. (I had grown too used to the friend who cut my hair in the States. Most times when I said something like that she would look at me in the mirror and say; "Hummm, no. If we do that, this will happen and you'll look like a poodle.) Yeah, I look like a poodle. It grows fast down here, so I got about three more week. Maybe I'll let it snarl into dreads. Naw, probably not.
3. I'm going to edit, edit, edit and rework everything possible on this current WIP. I'm going to let others read it. Other than those people who depend on me for dinner, like Rick. I can't trust if he's being honest or if he's saying good things because he wants me to cook.
4. I'm trying as I write this to join an online writers group. They are considering my application. If they don't want me, I'll keep trying. The help and encouragement I've gotten from you lovely people has been invaluable. I know I can learn from working with others.
5. I'm going to hope the writer's group on the island (apparently there is 1) is still active and will take me. This is particularly scary. Listening to people critique your work in person. YIKES!
6. I'm going to work harder on my 'trust issues'. This will make 3, 4 & 5 easier.
7. I'm going to see this current WIP through and secure representation. I believe in this story. It will not sit in a drawer.
8. I'm going to try to keep my clothes on. By that I mean I'm going to try to keep my foot out of my mouth, so I don't have to take my clothes off and apologize for my stupid self too much. As far as being honest and who I am...well...that kind of naked I just can't help.
9. I'm gonna hope I'm kind and helpful to everyone. I do believe that 'there is no excuse for bad behavior'. By bad behavior I mean not 'attending to the business of our fellow man'.
10. I'm gonna write, write and write some more. I'm planning on doing Nano next November. I might try that A to Z Blog Challenge this spring. I'm not gonna worry about the commas (That's what editing is for, right?) and I'm gonna kill those vampires in my head. I also want to read more.
That' it. Not too bad, right?
I have got to say how much I appreciate every single one of you who follow me, especially those who comment regularly. I'm really not a 'headhunter'. I bog for myself (because I can't shut up and the words have to go somewhere). The comments and encouragement you give me here, the things you tell me on your blogs and the friendship I feel is priceless. Thank You.
Happy New Year!
Now, go over to www.frankiediane.blogspot.com and sign up to do the "No Kiss Blog Fest on Monday January 2,2012. You know you want to. It will be fun. Great practice. Just do it.