Wednesday, October 7, 2015

AND THE WINNER IS..





I'm really pressed for time today. I should have written this post late last night, but you know me...It will be a long day and if I don't do this now, it won't get done until tomorrow. So...


This will be short and sweet. The winner of this BOTB is THE WATERBOYS. The final tally is:

                   Crosby, Stills, and Nash          11 votes
                   The Waterboys                      14 votes including mine

Normally, I'm a big CS&N fan. I even like 'em when they include Neil, most of the time, but one this one I liked The Waterboys a whole lot better. I know the song is sad and melancholy, but I liked the fuller more rowdy sound of The Waterboys.

I try not to pay too much attention to the videos (unless we're asked to vote on those also - I'm looking at you STMc), but what in the world was Graham Nash doing throughout this song. He was very distracting and looked kind of silly.

Anyway...this was quite a 'horse race' and for that I'm glad. I had thought about pitting one of my favorites against The Waterboys, but feared he would take a beating. I'll let you decide, after the fact, of course. Here's Leon Russel doing the same tune.


Just Leon and his piano and his own personal style. I likes it.

I'll be back on the 15th with another BATTLE, that I hope will turn out as good as this one. Until that time...Happy Trails!

22 comments:

  1. Hey, I voted for the winner this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I kept seeing all of the CSN votes coming in I had to go back and listen again. I'm not sure what those voters were thinking--I found the trio's version to be tedious. I would have still voted Waterboys over Leon, but he would have beat out CSN too.

    Nice Battle.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know most of youse guys voting habits and have found that you're not as fond of Leon as I, so I decided not to use him, because I don't like to see some of my favs get beat.

      As I said in this post, I usually like CS&N (even with Neil Young), but they just didn't do it for me here either, tremendous harmonies aside.

      Delete
  3. I got the winner too this time at my zoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost out on the celebration party- oh well, but what a close battle. Great job, Fae.

    Thanks for Leon! I feelz better aw'ready (smile).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dixie. Glad you enjoyed Leon. He is one of my favorites. That piano gets me every time.

      Delete
  5. Can't watch the video right now; ex is staring at me like I'm intruding on HIS home. Still, the Water Boys were great. No distractions, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Ha, HA! That's what Ex's are good at, making everything their own.

      Glad you liked TW and this BATTLE.

      I owe you and email. I haven't been avoiding you, I was working way too much and then came down with pneumonia. The last week or so it's been a chore to stay upright.

      Delete
  6. I agree about the video for CSN. It was so distracting I had to listen to it again (and NOT watch it) in order to process it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Graham (cracker) Nash was really 'way out there'. I don't know what he was doing, but it was totally distracting.

      Delete
  7. I'm a bit late, but whattya gonna do? Good job on the battle and no matter who wins, it's a pleasure and I'm always glad to get a chance to check out your BOTB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved Leon's piano playing and would have voted for him over the Waterboys. But against CS&N, I would have still voted for CS&N.

    ~ D-FensDogG
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leon and that piano gets me every time. He would have definitely beat CS&N in my mind,m but then I also voted Waterboys in this BATTLE, so that's a no brainer.

      Delete
  9. It was a good battle. And a 3 vote margin. That's a good indication the battle was a good one. Well, I can say that, I had a 3 vote margin on my BOTB too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jeffrey, it's my opinion that the closer the BATTLE, the better it was put together. If it's so easy to vote for one song over the other, there must be something wrong (and I've had my share of those).

      Delete
  10. I pretty consistently vote for the losers. 😲

    Graham did distract me at all. He didn't have a guitar to occupy his hands. Think of how Joe Cocker would move and gyrate his hands and body. It's just the way he sings.

    I LOVE Leon. (Got to see him in a very small estimate setting several years back, just him and his electric piano. Wonderful.) If you had pitted him against CS&N I would have been hard pressed to choose. I'm glad I didn't and don't have to.l

    ReplyDelete
  11. So it's tomorrow? Darn. I'll have to catch the battle next week.

    ReplyDelete