Monday, December 10, 2012

CHEERS, CAVANAUGH BLOGFEST



Today I’m participating in the ‘Cheers, Cavanaugh Blogfest’. This is a Blogfest celebrating Alex J. Cavanaugh. To visit Alex go here
To learn more about this Blogfest and read some of the other participant’s descriptions and feelings about Alex go here

WHAT DOES ALEX LOOK LIKE

Who cares about Alex’s actual physical appearance? He is one really nice man, a friend to all, and an encouraging word or two in your comment box. That’s one darn good looking guy right there.

“Pretty is as pretty does.’

WHO WOULD PLAY ALEX IN A DOCUMENTARY

Hal Holbrook – Why? Well I think of him doing his best Mark Twain and I think of Alex, who is a little like Samuel. A lot of information with a snappy come back.

WHO DOES ALEX REMIND YOU OF?

See the last answer, a little like Mark Twain for the reasons given.

FLASH FICTION-PROMPTS - Cavanaugh – Ninja – IWSG – Cosbolt – Guitar

‘Fire up the Cavanaugh, Cosbolt. We gotta get out of here.”

‘Aye, aye, captain. Navigational coordinates?’

‘Let’s not be choosey boy, just get us as far away from here as you can and let’s do it as fast as we can. Those buggers from the IWSG have got no sense of humor.’

‘How do you feel about the planet Guitar?’

‘Ah, Cosbolt, you know how to hurt a guy. The planet Guitar really takes me back. Three lifetimes ago, I swore never to return to that forsaken dot in the universe. I suppose it’s my fate to run from the IWSG directly into the arms of the Guitar Ninja Betima. Yes, there’s a story there, me boy. But, I digress; Guitar it is.’

‘Aye, aye captain. I doubt the Interplanetary Weird Singing Goons will dare follow us to Guitar.’

‘You are so right me boy. The basic insecurities of the IWSG will keep them far from Ninja territory.  Too bad I’m not that smart.


 In all seriousness, Alex J. Cavanaugh is one of the nicest bloggers around. He has helped a lot of us through the IWSG and his encouraging words in the comment box. He manages to get back to everyone who leaves a comment for him and he visits most of our blogs regularly. I'm not sure how he does it, but I am grateful that he does.

32 comments:

  1. That was great! I am so honored. And very glad we became friends, Faraway. You are truly a special person. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I love "Those buggers from the IWSG have got no sense of humor". Nice comparison with Samuel. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I love how you kept taking jabs at the IWSG - all in good fun.

    Nicely done, Faraway.
    Be well.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right. It doesn't matter what Alex looks like on the outside. We know the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex is omni-present as far as the blogosphere is concerned. He IS a Rock Star!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the flash fiction. Planet Guitar sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Interesting twist on the IWSG.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A comparison to the greatest American writer is none too shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done..you are right, it doesn't matter! He is a cool guy, our Captain Ninja ;D
    Fun to read-planet Guitar, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alex as Mark Twain, good comparison FAE. Loved your take on ISWG.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this. Weird Singing Goons? *dies*

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Those buggers from the IWSG have got no sense of humor." I don't know why, but I laughed at that, maybe because that's the one day of the month I'm NOT funny. Awesome tribute. Thanks for participate'n! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Turning over a new leaf here, so I'm going to try something different. I'm going to try to start responding to your comments HERE . I suppose most of you won't come back to look for a response, at least for awhile, but I'm gonna do it anyway.

    Alex - The honor is all mine.

    Susan - Glad you agree.

    Robyn - I find it best to make the most fun of myself.

    Brinda - It's nice isn't it.

    DL -If Alex is a Rock Star, you're at the very least a part of the bank.

    Sherry - It's a great place for a vaca, if you like Ninjas.

    M.L. - I aim to twist.

    Michael - And I would compare you to a pretty darn good artist too.

    Ella - Another fan of the planet Guitar. I hear it has six strings running around it's middle.

    Tammy - Aww, thanks.

    Donna - I a bit surprised nobody else went for the IWSG like this. Hope everyone is laughing.

    Donna II - I knew you would like that.

    Lynda -It's those snappy come backs.

    David - Because it's funny. Thanks for hosting our chance for roasting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. DL - That should say BAND. But you could be part of the bank too, if ya wanna.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hehehe! That was so much fun. And you're right. It doesn't matter what Alex looks like. His heart and soul are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so right. "Pretty is as pretty does." My grandmother said that to me all the time. She was always right.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job! Your comment at the end said it all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the pretty is as pretty does - Alex is definitely a handsome guy by his actions and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm also not sure how he does it.

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  20. AH, super answers. Glad the WSG aren't around! haha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nailed it.

    Great post and excellent Alex tribute!

    Thanks so much for participating and I'm excited to be connected now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Interesting variation on the IWSG, and sounds like this version of Alex had an interesting back-life.

    Enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree with you regarding Alex and his looks. It his the persona he has created which is special. He is a genuinely nice guy, who willingly helps without being asked! That is why he is so special!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back here. I've been slammed by some sort of flu that is STILL making it hard to keep my head off the pillow for more than 30 minutes at a time.

    Christine - It has been fun.

    Cleem - I love that saying.

    Kitty - Thanks

    Tyrean - We agree!

    Allison - Some claim it's clones.

    Joylene - Ha, those guys with no sense of humor.

    Morgan - Nice to meet you too.

    JJ - Back at ya.

    T. - Glad your laughing.

    C.M. - it's that 'Pretty is...' thing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. pretty is as pretty does has always been one of my favorite expressions.

    Loved the flash fiction, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, that was clever. And Mark Twain? That's a good writer's role model.

    Lee
    A Faraway View

    ReplyDelete
  27. MS - Mine too

    Arlee - Thanks sometimes I hit the mark, and am clever, other times my dyslexia kicks in, and I'm just plain old cleaver.

    Thanks everyone for your comments. I could hold a Blogfest celebrating each and everyone of you. Everyone has their special talents. We may not each have a gazillion followers but I appreciate ya all.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Interplanetary Weird Singing Goons--hilarious. I love your flash fiction piece!

    ReplyDelete