Saturday, November 12, 2011

YIKES - Another Extra Post - What's with this? TAG ME!

Everyone is crazy busy with NaNoWriMo,so the blogs are a little slow. Do you want to know how I'm doing with NaNo check out http://babsinparadise.blogspot.com to see just how busy crazy I've been.


Here's a fun little diversion,sent to me by a good friend Donna Weaver from http://weavingataleortwo.blogspot.com I'm not sure if Donna found me or I found her, but since that time she has introduced me to some wonderful people. Apparently, she would also like to introduce me to you. Last night she sent me this:


TAG


If you could go back in time and relive one moment, what would it be?
Interesting that this moment is similar to the one Donna posted. Although I was twice her age at the time and should have known better.


My mother died three days after I got married. In actuality, she died a few days before I got married, but my father had her resuscitated and put on life support. Momma had been sick for a long time. This was my second marriage. We were getting married just outside the Colorado Ski Town where we lived. My folks were supposed to fly in the day before. Daddy made some excuse about the doctors not wanting Momma to fly  and never told me how ill she was.


We left on a cross country honeymoon the next day that was supposed to end in Southern California where friends of ours were taking my four old daughter. We would wind up the trip by taking her to Disneyland and then coming on home. That first day of our honeymoon, after we had left town and our friends left for CA with my daughter, Daddy told me Momma was in bad shape and I should come home. He still did not give me all the gory details, but he did tell me to come home.


My new husband didn't really know my parents. Daddy did not like him. He wanted to go on and get our daughter, ultimately the decision was mine and I choose not to return to Chicago right away. 


This was before I had a cellphone,so every night when we would stop to camp I would call Daddy and see how Momma was doing. Daddy must have been pretty disgusted with me because his reports where  pretty clinical. When we stopped in Telluride, Colorado we met up with some friends. I found a pay phone in the back of a bar and called. Daddy told me everything then. He also told me that Momma had died that day. I went back into the bar and got so drunk, I don't remember anything after that. I woke up the next morning in our little tent.


I asked Daddy to fly me back to Chicago, so my husband could go to CA and get my daughter. We didn't have enough money and no credit cards. Daddy said no. He would wait three days to bury Momma and if I wasn't there he would do it without me. We broke camp and drove straight through, taking turns driving, from Telluride, Colorado to Los Angeles, California to Chicago, Illinois. We pulled up in front of the Mortuary with about ten minutes to spare.


I have made peace with myself over this extreme error in judgement. I have every confidence I will see my mother again. I also have every confidence she loved me then and still loves me. I believe she has forgiven my neglect. But, you better believe if I could relive that moment, when I made such a poor choice; I WOULD DO IT.


What movie/TV character do you most resemble in personality?
When I read this, I immediately went to my husband for suggestions. His answer; "I'm not going to touch that with a ten foot pole. But you know me, I wouldn't let it rest. Finally he says OK the first person who came to mind was Shirley MacLaine in 'Terms of Endearment'. My response: ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Husband(who BTY is the master of the 'great save') says or maybe Molly Wesley,or Scarlett O'Hara because you're FORMIDABLE.


OK, I could see he was going to be no help. Trying to be honest and remembering the post I had just put upon my other blog (see first paragraph) I thought, this is probably who I resemble most in personality:




After all I never met a Tea Party I didn't like, I can't solve a riddle to save my life, and I don't mind if you call me crazy.


If you could push one person off a cliff and get away with it, who would you choose?
When I first read this, I didn't imagine that this would be such a tough question for me.(Maybe it's the having to choose only one- but seriously) I can't think of anyone. I suppose I could lump all the persons who ever have or ever will hurt those I love, into one, and say THEM. I'm getting better at brushing personal 'hurts' aside, but when you hurt one of mine; look out.


Name one habit you want to change with yourself?
My inability to take NO for an answer. When I was growing up Daddy told me that I could be whatever I wanted to be and that I didn't have to take NO for an answer (from everybody but him, of course). Most times that's sound, but there are those times when NO is the answer and we have to exercise wisdom and patience to see it. Unfortunately, I get a lot of practice with this.


Why do you blog? (Answer in one sentence - Are You Kidding Me?)
Blog one started as my Journal of our big move, blog two started to promote my writing, in the end, I find the real reason is that I can't shut up.


Thank you Donna for the opportunity to stand here naked.


Who else wants a turn?


I think I would like to tag three of my newer followers:


Michelle My Bell over at http://thepeacockgal.blogspot.com
Leigh Caron over at http://em-musing.blogspot.com
Eve.E over at http://cluelesseve.blogspot.com

5 comments:

  1. This is an awesome post. You made me laugh, and you made me cry. To be honest, I found it odd that your father let you be uninformed for so long and then called you one day into your honeymoon. Perhaps I'm suspicious by nature, but that felt odd as I was reading it and would have made me question what I was being told--especially if you knew he didn't like your new hubby. But I'm glad you've made peace with it. I know I wouldn't hold it against any of my children.

    That video was hilarious. Can you move like that? ;)

    And I agree. You've been a life enriching find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps I didn't want to know the truth. The lies we tell ourselves. My mother had been sick for years, so it was relatively easy for him to get away with it. This had been an issued between my Dad and I for years,we finally made our peace before he died.

    When I finally grew up enough to look more closely at the situation. I think he thought he was sparing me grief and allowing me to marry in peace. It was a series of mistakes on both of our parts.

    Thanks for the opportunity to put of those things in writing.

    I've got moves you wouldn't believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post and raw honesty.
    Not to take away from your story, but I have to tell you that when you said you left on a cross country honeymoon, I envisioned the skiing you'd previously mentioned. Then the word "California" popped up. Double take. Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHERE's todays post????? I check both sites nada, and I know it is 11:30pm what happened??

    j/k, just letting you know I do check up on you.

    Also, I would have said.....you may not like it.....Roseann Bar..I like her TV personality, remember that before you get offended.

    ReplyDelete
  5. luckmama13 - Who me get offended? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

    ReplyDelete