Monday, June 4, 2012




This is 'that' song for me. Enjoy!



Today, June 4, 2012 is the two year anniversary of my first setting foot on this rock that I call home. I live on an island in the middle of the Caribbean Sea. When you look at a map it’s just a speck, and yet it’s referred to as the ‘big island’ in the little country of which it is a part. Twenty-six miles long and seven miles wide at the widest part.  I live on St.Croix in the US Virgin Islands. Don’t let that US Territory thing fool you, it’s a foreign place. Beautiful, tropical and all that jazz, and although I now consider myself Cruzan, it’s not really ‘home’.

Recently, I’ve started to feel like I need to get off island and take a break. Feeling a little burned out I guess. I have to work hard on a lot of levels to be here. Regardless, I know I’m where I’m supposed to be at this particular time. I know some people think – oh yeah, complain – you live in paradise. You must be some sort of ‘jet set funder’ or have a fantastic job to be able to live in a place like that. Actually none of that is true. You want to live someplace like this – all you have to do is ask. But, be very sure about what you ask for, and be willing to pay the price. Because in life you are always paying it forward or you’re sliding into the muck.

OK, enough serious talk. It’s my anniversary. Let’s party. Even on a bad day, I live at the beach. The weather is mostly sunny with a chance of fun.



4 comments:

  1. Well, this is interesting. I haven't the faintest idea of what you are doing while in St. Croix, but even the location sounds fascinating. Even mystical (almost).

    Happy second anniversary!

    While you may be tempted to come back to "civilization," I suspect you'd find it relatively uncivilized, even if you remember (or think you remember what) it was like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy two years! And every place has its downside I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah how bad could the beach be--happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary!! As much as you pay forward, you should be set for a good long time! :)

    ReplyDelete